TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect information from you directly, from third parties, as well as automatically related to your use of the Site and Services. We may combine the information we collect about you in these contexts.
Information We Collect Directly. In order for you to access certain Services and to purchase items and products that we offer via the Sites, we may require you to provide us with certain information including: (1) contact data (such as your name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address); and/or (2) financial data (such as your account or credit card number and other payment details). We may also collect additional optional information, such as preferences, birthday (MM/DD), wish lists and other account or profile information. If you choose to communicate with us via e-mail or other method, or choose to complete online forms, surveys, or product reviews, any information provided in such communication is collected and may be maintained by us.
Your Content and Activities. We store and may publicly display the information that you submit or post to the Sites for public display, such as product reviews. We also may collect information about the products you view, products you add to your cart, and your purchase history.
Other Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically track and collect certain information through cookies, pixel tags, java script, log files and other methods, including: IP address; device ID; domain servers; device type; browser type; location information; date and time stamps; page views, links and items clicked and other activity information; and referring URL.
USES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Generally, we use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To complete your purchase, process your transactions (including returns and exchanges), and fulfill your orders (including to ship products to you).
- To administer contests or sweepstakes, including to contact winners.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Sites and Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To contact you to ask your opinion on various topics that may be of interest to you and/or may help us serve you better.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Sites.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to contact you regarding products, services, and information we believe you would find useful, and to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising on out Site and on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and the products and services available in our Stores, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our services, products and the Sites, and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Generally, we share your information, including your personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Marketing Partners. We may also share your information, including name and contact information, with other companies who may want to send you information about their products or services, unless you have specifically requested that we not share your information with such companies. You may opt-out of our sharing your information in this way, as set forth in the Choices section below.
- Users. When you post content (such as reviews) on our Sites, your name any information that you post, will be available to, and searchable by, all users and visitors of the Sites.
- Business Transfers. If all or part of our business, assets, Stores or Sites are merged with or sold to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, your personal information will be transferred to the surviving or acquiring company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena or other legal process.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or other purposes.
COOKIES AND TRACKING
Pixel Tags. Pixel tags (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, though, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages, not stored on your hard drive. We might use clear GIFs to track the activities of users of our Sites, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage. We and our third party service providers also might use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Do Not Track Browser Settings. Our Sites currently do not recognize browser do-not-track signals/requests. (For more information about Do Not Track signals, please click here). You can, however, opt out of certain targeted advertising as noted below.
We give you choices about whether to receive marketing and promotional emails from us, and whether we share your name and contact info with third parties.
Communications From Us. As noted we may contact you about information, products and services (including third party) that we think may interest you. To opt out of such promotional emails, simply opt out using the unsubscribe feature in any such email or log in to your account and update your preference in the “My Account” section.
Third Party Sharing. If you do not want us to share your name and contact information with third parties so that they may contact you directly with information, offers and other promotional content of their own, simply opt out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, unchecking the relevant box at the time of setting up your account, or logging to your account and updating your preferences in the “My Account” section. Please note that your opt out is only effective on a going-forward basis, it will not affect any information we have already shared.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information about you for the third party’s own marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response to you. We will respond to you within thirty (30) days. You may request this information in writing by contacting us email@example.com.
ACCESS, UPDATE, AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
To update your account profile information at any time, login to your account and updated the personal information in the “My Account” section. We may keep a copy of your prior information for a period of time, as part of our business records and our backup data.
We also may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, product review boards, and news groups available to you, and allow you to post reviews and other content on our Site. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose information in this manner.
Our Sites do not target children, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
THIRD PARTY LINKS
THIRD PARTY PLUGINS AND SOCIAL NETWORKING FEATURES
At times, we may incorporate some third-party social networking features on the Sites or utilize third-party provided platforms to publish or manage the Sites or portions thereof. For example, our Sites may include social media features and widgets, such as the Facebook Like button and the “Share this” button, as well as other interactive mini-programs that run on our Sites and enable certain features to work (e.g., blogs and comments). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Sites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly and for other purposes. These features are displayed on our Sites, but are hosted by third parties, and are subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION